My wife Gail and I were camping for a few days about three hours north of San Francisco on the coast, overlooking the forest and the Pacific. As we were talking I happened to be holding one of those little red plastic stirrers that you often find in a hotel or anyplace serving drinks — a bar, a coffee joint. Gail asked a very simple question: “where did that little red stirrer come from?” What ensued has become one of my personal favorite stories that exemplifies the extraordinary waste in our society and is an example of our company’s collective thinking around sustainability.
Page 1 of 11
Recent Blog Posts
- How Your Business Can Make a Sustainable Difference During the Holidays (and Beyond)
- Don’t Ask Me What I Do. Ask Me Why. It’s About Sustainable Value.
- The ABCs of Climate Resilience: Assessing Climate Risk
- Weighing the Benefits of Behavior Change
- So what’s the big deal with storytelling in sustainability?
Read: Roadmap for Sustainability Engagement
Find out how to engage your business community in Sustainability Today!